Saturday 23 May 2015

The bomb has dropped...

So here is where it started to go downhill.

Email #13:

Good morning Sunshine,

How are you keeping up with your worries from the office? Something terrible happened  today. I got to work this morning even though late, but then, I had four locals down with serious injuries and one gone. This is the most painful thing I have come across. Now the Rig tow they were rushing to fix before my arrival, did swing into the best place after rolling down on them before time, so they were catalyst to its best position, but they did pay a hard price for this. I hate accidents on site, sometimes it makes you feel like not having to use local labors, because they sometimes make these mistakes that doesn't make sense. I feel bad enough to feel responsible for them. The four men are receiving treatment at Al Zahra Private hospital now, I just pray for the best for them, I pity the family of the deceased.
 
They spoilt my mood this morning cos they should have waited for us before making such vital installations. These are even men who lack basic insurance for that matter, risking their lives and now I feel responsible for what has happened to them. Maybe I should have been on the rig early enough, but I was too tired from yesterday.
Please honey promise me you will not discuss this accident with anyone, not even with your friend Dawinder. We are keeping this very confidential and especially from the press before the blow it out proportion. I have sent a message to the ministry of energy and they want us to keep this wrapped up so that no one will make a news out of it. Just know that I cannot keep anything away from you and I will always be honest and truthful to you.

The deceased was buried immediately  according to Muslim rites. I have attached some photos for you to see. The first is the deceased during the final Muslim prayers before burial. Second is one of the injured men Abdul being rush to the hospital from the rig. The third is another injured man Hamsik who is in pain and waiting to go into surgery. And the last is one of my expatriate staff Johnson who had a few cuts in his face.

Can't write much honey, would try later. Just know that you mean a lot to me! And I really appreciate you dear. The joy I feel in recent weeks is my best.

Robin

Stay tuned... it gets better!

These were the pics sent from this so-called accident:





No comments:

Post a Comment