Sunday 17 May 2015

The Beginning

Hello,
This is my story of an almost perfect romance scam that I experienced over the course of six weeks. The reason for telling my story is to warn other women of this scam so they can be aware of what to look for and when to stop the insanity.  I sincerely want to warn other women (and men) of the dangers out there and as the saying goes... "if it sounds too good to be true, it absolutely is!"


WARNING!!

The best piece of advice I can give you... do not send any money no matter how hard they try to convince you that you will get it back later.

This all started when I joined a dating site one Sunday afternoon. within a day or two, I was contacted by a nice looking man who called himself Robin Ruud Hannes, born April 30th, 1956, in the Netherlands.  I am including a picture sent to me of him as I would like to find him and tell him that his pictures (all on his dating profile) were used without his knowledge or consent

Robin Hannes - the man I fell in love with
If you know this man, please let him know that his pictures (one with his daughter) are on the internet and being used by people who are perpetrating a Nigerian Romance Scam.  There are tons of videos on YouTube on this subject.  Go check it out!

I am going to include actual emails I received from "Robin" as these emails are scripted and sent to many other women who are caught in the hooks of this romance scam.  If you are or have been sucked into this vortex, you most likely have received these exact emails, word for word too.  Not only did I receive emails, eventually there were phone calls, texts, and conversations through Yahoo messenger.  This scam is well thought out and I imagine have worked well for them many times.

So if any of this is sounding familiar, then you or someone you know were probably scammed.

Stay tuned for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment